We’d like you to meet Shanthi. She joined the Families First team in October of this year by filling a position in our CQI Department. Our CQI department is responsible for ensuring that Families First identifies, plans, and implements ongoing improvements in its delivery of services and uses the most accurate data, information, and research to improve upon and monitor its operations. Join us in welcoming Shanthi to Families First!
- Name: Shanthi Pierce
- Position at Families First: Director of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
- Alma mater: University of Richmond (undergrad), Harvard University (masters)
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts (majored in Math and Economics) and Master’s in Public Administration focused on International Development
- Spouse: I just got married at the beginning of the year to my husband, Eric. He’s a PhD student at Georgia Tech/Emory.
- So far, what is your favorite part about working at Families First? Everyday I learn something new about our programs and feel even more honored to be a part of this organization serving our community
- What excites you about your new position at Families First? Having the opportunity to get to know and work with everyone at Families First, since CQI works with all the service areas and administrative units.
- Ocean or pool: Pool. I have a completely irrational fear of sharks so oceans terrify me.
- Favorite Book: Into the Wild
- What is one thing you couldn’t live without? French fries
- Favorite website: Any news site – CNN, BBC…I’m a news junkie.
- Best advice your mother ever gave you: When in doubt, ask questions.
- Favorite place on Earth: My favorite vacation so far was to Tofo, Mozambique. But I love traveling and hope to always be finding new favorite places!
- Do you currently serve on any boards/committees or volunteer with other organizations around town? Not yet, but I’d like to now that I’m settled in Atlanta.
If you are interested in joining the Families First team, please visit our career center at http://www.familiesfirst.org/about-us/employment/C8-employment-opportunities